FS 120 gallon tank & stand

Rob and Laurie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to make some more room in my basement. Empty 120 gallon tank (24 x 24 x 48) tank and stand. It has been empty since February but had no issues when I was using it. Tank is undrilled - stand is a little worn but still very usable. Asking $100 for the set.

upload_2016-10-20_18-37-18.png

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm interested in the tank and stand did you use an overflow box with it. I've never used an overflow box and I would like to have a sump underneath I don't know how reliable they are or how much space they take up behind the tank if somebody has info that be great

OP
OP
Rob and Laurie

Rob and Laurie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I had an overflow box and sump setup. I have never had an issue with the overflow. Occasionally if you let the water level in the sump get low enough to start sucking air and it runs that way for a few hours you can get a air bubble in the return tube. At this point there is not enough water in the sump return chamber to cause the main tank to overflow. I just check the return when I top off. If it is running slow I just tap the return tube for several seconds and the water flow will draw out the bubble.

I've heard of people having a large snail get stuck in the return and cause an issue. But as long as you aren't overfilling the sump when you top off there shouldn't be enough volume in the sump return chamber to cause an overflow.

Just FYI that I am planning on listing the sump I used with this as well. I just haven't had a chance to dig it out yet. It is Eshopps RS200 that is about 4 years old. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back