OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols At the frag swap today the host gave me these glasses. They are the best thing yet I have found for taking pics with my Pixel. I hold it in front of the camera lens and it creates the pics I took of the full tank on the previous page. Not having any orange filters, I think it might be similar, but WOW putting them on creates quite a difference in viewing as well.

IMG_20180623_234658.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do what ever you like in your tank. Bare Bottom, sand or a combo of both, why not? I didn't want a deep bed either.

I was just waiting on getting the rest of my live rock into the tank on the glass before I added the rest of the sand. I went with about 1"-1 1/2" of Ocean's Direct. The 1st part, on the right, I did not rinse. After stirring it up a few times and seeing the clouds rise, I decided to rinse what was going on the left. @Robin Haselden rinsing the sand made a ton of difference with the dust. I added it using a solo cup and there was NO cloud at all. About 1/2 a bag in a 5 gal bucket and rodi, enough to cover by about 2", then hand stir vigorously, drain, repeat 4-5 times. Then 2 rinses with tank water same way. Worked great..

Day27-1.jpg
I like what you have done!!:)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just ran my tests and everything is looking pretty good.

pH - 8.2
NO3 - 5
PO4 - .107
dkH - 7.22
Ca - 450
Mg- 1280

I dosed a little soda ash to raise the alk a little and some Mg to raise it some as well.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get those corals from?

All the ones in the pics, locally. I have only 3 left that I got online and 1 is struggling. One of my Zoas, the Favia, from a couple pages back and a rainbow monti (which I don't take pics of). The monti is hanging on but doesn't really grow much. I got them all from a live sale back in Nov from the coral dudes fiasco. I ordered the monti and the zoas and a pocilliopora (which died) and got 2 freebies. One was the Favia and it looks good and another I have no idea what it was, was DOA.

I am leery about ordering online now. If I can't see it personally, I have very little faith that it will come as pictured....

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK FUZZY IT"S ON!...a email from LA stating I was still checking out, So I took a look around and ......WE WILL SEE;)

Who's fuzzy???? And what is he on??? :p:p:p

And I was just stating that the pic looked like it was on a frag plug.... ;Yuck;Yuck

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all good, just a bit of sport! As najer would say....I think? But your right that's a bit on the smaller side. Hard to find 5" for cheap or close to the limey's . BTW yours are looking super happy so this will be a tough challenge so we will see....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back