Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great

could have fooled me, thats some serious light. Bty Congrats on the spiffy new badge, well deserved putting up with us Interlopers:p

Thank you ! ! !
Thumb.gif
thanks.gif
Thumb.gif

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights look great. I think it really brings out the depth.

Thanks, I agree :)

I am not getting as much shimmer as I thought I would but with the acclimation mode @50% I think it will get stronger as the lights go up.

Bill Howard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through this whole thread, and you have a beautiful tank. I'm glad your shipping issues worked out. I have a custom 150 on order and I hope I don't have to go through this type of ordeal. I am also going to run a basement sump on my new build and was wondering how you like the Eflux pump and what you are getting for flow.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard @Bill Howard. The eflux was the only internal pump that could take the head pressure. Most others drop off to quickly. So far I'm liking it. It's pretty quiet and I would say I'm getting around 350gph and it is not maxed out. I was getting better flow on my old tank but that was only stepped down once to 1". This steps down 3 times to fit to the Waterbox and I know I'm losing pressure.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did my tests a little while ago, dkH dropped back down to 7.28 but others are still up

NO3 - 5
PO4 - .055
dkH - 7.28
Ca - 440
Mg - 1360
pH 8.2

After I moved the radiata he has since plumped up again. Not sure what the issue was but I believe he likes his new spot. I forgot to get a pic before lights started to dim so I'll wait till tomorrow to post on of him.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a couple pics of the Trachys. You can see in the 1st one, the radiata is being pushed by the flow. So I moved a dead piece of coral to deflect the flow over him and he flattened out (pic 2) and seems much happier now :)

Trachy8.jpg

Trachy7.jpg

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the frag rack I have in the 40B and noticed a couple zoa/paly heads attached to it from when they were in there. I took the rack out and used a knife to separate them off the rack and mounted them to a small piece of rock. While cutting one off I saw it spit. Fortunately not in my direction as I did it facing away from me. I was also wearing safety glasses, just in case. All I can think about now is paly toxin floating around in my basement.... o_Oo_O

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the frag rack I have in the 40B and noticed a couple zoa/paly heads attached to it from when they were in there. I took the rack out and used a knife to separate them off the rack and mounted them to a small piece of rock. While cutting one off I saw it spit. Fortunately not in my direction as I did it facing away from me. I was also wearing safety glasses, just in case. All I can think about now is paly toxin floating around in my basement.... o_Oo_O

Just pop the foil helmet on, you'll be fine! :p

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, Turtle is back and caught up.

@Fudsey, beautiful tank. Drink a pint of summer ale for your hard work!

@GoVols At the frag swap today the host gave me these glasses. They are the best thing yet I have found for taking pics with my Pixel. I hold it in front of the camera lens and it creates the pics I took of the full tank on the previous page. Not having any orange filters, I think it might be similar, but WOW putting them on creates quite a difference in viewing as well.

IMG_20180623_234658.jpg

I have the same type, plus some yellow ones that I bought home from work. They help a ton when my Actinic T5 are on. The Kessils I can filter with the color slider on my S8+.

Must not spam trachy, must not spam trachy, ... ! :p

Spam it!

OK a separate Thread for the TRACHY CHALLANGE!

Why was I not invited/challenged?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back