OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, they can be sensitive to vibrant. And some of the emerald crabs are guaranteed to eat BA, these are great, but sometimes they snack on corals. Some are solid little dudes, but if you buy 5 you might find at least 1 coral eater.
That's what I was afraid of especially with all the large "Meat" corals in my tank...

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was afraid of especially with all the large "Meat" corals in my tank...
if you really keep an eye out and watch them, they will first go for anything weak/dying. You'll catch the coral eaters quickly so long as you watch.

I had 2 huge emeralds I got from a friend I advised to do just that, he gave me 2 of his keepers that were totally coral safe -- They ate everything clean and were good little dudes. Didn't pick at any of my small gobies or go after any corals.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, they can be sensitive to vibrant. And some of the emerald crabs are guaranteed to eat BA, these are great, but sometimes they snack on corals. Some are solid little dudes, but if you buy 5 you might find at least 1 coral eater.
I love foxface for ba and the wide array of algeas they will consume

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love foxface for ba and the wide array of algeas they will consume
My old FF wouldn't touch BA or GHA in my tank. Unfortunately he got too big so I gave him away to someone who has a bigger tank.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell that to the people who gotten duds

Or successful ones that become duds for some reason.

OR the really successful fish (friends aiptasia eating filefish) that ran out of aiptasia and started munching torches/hammers. Had another buddy with a 90% SPS tank and a small angel. It was a model citizen for years, and years... then one day he grabbed a nice expensive frag, and *that* was what made the angel finally go for SPS. From there out he was eating everything in the tank like he heard the word of his lord and savior -- delicious polyps.

Fish are fish, unfortunately.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if its how I feed my tank. Every other day and have plenty of algea around to eat.
I think that can help. I seen it with CBB and file fish. Once I started feeding heavy they chose to stop eating Aip. Crabs and bubble and peppermint shrimp.

Or successful ones that become duds for some reason.

OR the really successful fish (friends aiptasia eating filefish) that ran out of aiptasia and started munching torches/hammers. Had another buddy with a 90% SPS tank and a small angel. It was a model citizen for years, and years... then one day he grabbed a nice expensive frag, and *that* was what made the angel finally go for SPS. From there out he was eating everything in the tank like he heard the word of his lord and savior -- delicious polyps.

Fish are fish, unfortunately.
And that is the truth. My lfs had a powder blue tang start eating torches. Started with gold torches. You never know.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if its how I feed my tank. Every other day and have plenty of algea around to eat.
I feed my tank 3 times a day and they get nori everyday. So, more than likely, my fish just don't care for other stuff if they get food so often. 2 feedings are a pellet mix and 1 is Reef Frenzy. The pellets are on an automatic feeder that only drops a small amount each time. The nori is about 2x4" piece.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry-Christmas2.gif

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.6%
Back