Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today was local frag swap and a family cookout. I had to leave the cookout to go to the frag swap for a bit. This guys tank is absolutely stunning filled with SPS and lots of fish. Decided to buy a Strawberry Shortcake frag but with having to go back to the cookout, I am having him hold it till Monday. Can't wait till Monday now ;)

Stock pic from online but it looks like one of these sticks about 1.5 inches tall....

Strawberry-Shortcake-Unique-Corals.jpg
Sweet, That'll look great!

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it takes off like everything else in your tank I'm sure it will be amazing in a few months.

SPS in my tank takes a bit longer to acclimate. Not sure if it's my parameters or lighting. They do slowly come to life though, at least the few I have have done that.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ya, I have been meaning to post this ever since @NY_Caveman posted his night pic of Skyler. This is where my Canary sleeps every night. And his color always does this at night.

Blenny5.jpg

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ya, I have been meaning to post this ever since @NY_Caveman posted his night pic of Skyler. This is where my Canary sleeps every night. And his color always does this at night.

Blenny5.jpg

Nice! Skyler turns dark orange or brown every night in his hole.

My Midas turns a brown color at night. Acutely she turns dark when in or on her rock. Mostly because nervous I think. She need CBD oil lol

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Midas turns a brown color at night. Acutely she turns dark when in or on her rock. Mostly because nervous I think. She need CBD oil lol

Same here, but striped. Almost a tiger pattern. The eyes stay blue as amethyst though... those eyes <3

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lookin stick. Love the color camo some fish take on at rest. Very cool

Thanks Ray :)

Same here, but striped. Almost a tiger pattern. The eyes stay blue as amethyst though... those eyes <3

I guess camo might be a requirement if you want to survive the night in the wild ;)

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ray :)

I guess camo might be a requirement if you want to survive the night in the wild ;)
First time I saw the camo on a marine fish was our yellow tang. Had a light checking tank at night and freaked a bit seeing large whitish circle with a line thru it on his sides. Once I saw the symmetry side to side calmed down and read about it. My foxface also colors up every night when he’s hitting the sack. I wonder if fish that sleep mostly in open are the only ones prone to having the defensive coloration

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today was local frag swap and a family cookout. I had to leave the cookout to go to the frag swap for a bit. This guys tank is absolutely stunning filled with SPS and lots of fish. Decided to buy a Strawberry Shortcake frag but with having to go back to the cookout, I am having him hold it till Monday. Can't wait till Monday now ;)

Stock pic from online but it looks like one of these sticks about 1.5 inches tall....

Strawberry-Shortcake-Unique-Corals.jpg

This will be a great addition.
Congratulations.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time I saw the camo on a marine fish was our yellow tang. Had a light checking tank at night and freaked a bit seeing large whitish circle with a line thru it on his sides. Once I saw the symmetry side to side calmed down and read about it. My foxface also colors up every night when he’s hitting the sack. I wonder if fish that sleep mostly in open are the only ones prone to having the defensive coloration

In the wild none of the reef species sleep in the open. They are all in hiding somewhere. So it's probably a natural instinct as the lights go out no matter how or where they sleep.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad day, not for tank but for me.....

Tie rod on my lawn tractor broke off 1/2 way through lawn. Had to keep putting it back on and drive very slowly to get it finished. Ordered a new one for $75 shipped but will have to wait probably till next week to get it because of the holiday and how shipping will go... we'll see o_Oo_Oo_O

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back