Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to my mad house ;)

All you Brian :) You nailed it.

You got a space odyssey Ray, watch out for Hal :)

6BAC52EC-E355-4CDA-9137-2BDEA2568376.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to pick up my new acro addition and I am very pleased. Strawberry Shortcake ;Woot

StrawberryShortcake1.jpg

Sunny D's are looking a whole lot better now. Excuse the glass, p i t a to get a scraper inside ;) Tons of aip in there too. Really need to get some berghia I think...

Zoas11.jpg

My torch needs another trim I think :)

Torch7.jpg

And I couldn't forget these guys either ;)

Trachy43.jpg
Everything looks phenomenal fudsey. That stick is eye cannnndddyyy!

JFLU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fudsey

Thank for starting this thread. I have been reading this on and off the past couple days and it has some great info on it. The tanks journey has come a long way and looks fantastic. I can only strive to have a tank like this. I’m still some what new to Reefing and had my share of set backs. Reading this has given me a lot of info.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fudsey

Thank for starting this thread. I have been reading this on and off the past couple days and it has some great info on it. The tanks journey has come a long way and looks fantastic. I can only strive to have a tank like this. I’m still some what new to Reefing and had my share of set backs. Reading this has given me a lot of info.

Thank you.
Thanks for taking the time to read the ramblings in this thread ;) Welcome aboard :)

U

User1

View Badges
Nothing to dislike about strawberry shortcake. Glad to see how good your tank is doing

I can't vouch for the coral but will say I love strawberry shortcake! In fact requested that on the menu for Father's Day :)

Coral wise, never seen it in person and no where I shop has a bargain basement or rubble rock size frag for 10 - 15 bucks. Thus me only knowing the food stuff which I'm a sucker for.

U

User1

View Badges
I went to pick up my new acro addition and I am very pleased. Strawberry Shortcake ;Woot

StrawberryShortcake1.jpg

Sunny D's are looking a whole lot better now. Excuse the glass, p i t a to get a scraper inside ;) Tons of aip in there too. Really need to get some berghia I think...

Zoas11.jpg

My torch needs another trim I think :)

Torch7.jpg

And I couldn't forget these guys either ;)

Trachy43.jpg

Everything looks great. Super awesome job.

I went to a store on LFS on Sunday looking for a decent Torch or Frogspawn. Sadly all of their frags, small mind you, $75 and up. I'll pass. Even selling Duncan's for $25 which wouldn't be a bad thing if it wasn't a single head. So back to the shopping board.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks great. Super awesome job.

I went to a store on LFS on Sunday looking for a decent Torch or Frogspawn. Sadly all of their frags, small mind you, $75 and up. I'll pass. Even selling Duncan's for $25 which wouldn't be a bad thing if it wasn't a single head. So back to the shopping board.

Thanks ! ! If you were close I'd make a deal for both with you ;)

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks ! ! If you were close I'd make a deal for both with you ;)

Lol. Thank you - very kind. I'll find a good source sooner or later (mini game of our hobby finding sellers and prices :) ). Prices don't matter so much although in this case I was just really looking for a smaller no name frag to test LPS with.

I had 3 good sized colonies in the 40 breeder that I moved when I upgraded last year. Sadly they didn't make it. I think the first one was due to water flow, too much, and the Gyres. Since then the remaining just slowly disappeared and the only thing I can think of is the phosphate and nitrates. I'm leaning towards phosphates though due to the Pukani rock.

In any case today was my catch up thread day and your tank looks marvelous. Wanted to pass that along.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today's the day, 1 year anniversary of this Waterbox getting wet.

Where it started 4 days after 1st putting salt water in the tank 6/3/18

Day8.jpg

Today 5/30/19 I removed the Sunny D's cage and put the rock back for the pic. A little while later I caught the file fish munching on them again. Back in the cage the went.

Day365.jpg

@Scurvy, Check out the toadstool in this pic, getting big ! !

Day365RS.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 109 73.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back