Fuge Lights?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mainn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mainn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2014
Messages
188
Reaction score
46
Location
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a JBJ 30 nano, and I want to grow chaeto in one of the compartments of my media basket.
I want a light that can kind of accomplish what this one does, http://shop.mediabaskets.com/JBJ-Nano-Glo-Led-Fuge-Light-JB10094.htm.
It needs to go on the outside of the tank and I have about 6 inches of clearance between the tank and the wall. If not for that I would use a clamp light with a standard lightbulb. Anyone have suggestions on how to do this, it doesn't have to look pretty but I don't want to build my own leds.
 
...for reasons related to price points these (below) work just as well if not better IMO, link--> HERE

62853_22f596601565163ea05912857cb10b9c32872fea_original.jpg
 
Any ideas on how to get a bulb like that to shine through the back of my tank though?, I dont think a clamp light fixture would fit.
 
Any ideas on how to get a bulb like that to shine through the back of my tank though?, I dont think a clamp light fixture would fit.
sorry, didn't understand limited space factor was an issue.
The one you posted might be the best option in that case.
 
From what I can tell people aren't happy about the intensity and quality of the light, it is also pretty expensive for what you get. I am wondering if like a cheapo desktop led or something would work, I see tons on amazon in the 20$ range. I am also still rolling around the idea of a bulb if I could get it to work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new