LED Wall Wash Lighting

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bear22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bear22

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
577
Reaction score
445
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,

Can anybody here make me "smarterer" with respect to DIY wall wash lighting?

Here's my application: I have a nano planted tank build in the works and am contemplating backlit wall wash style of lighting. The aquarium is the UNS 45T (45 cm in length) and that is where I am limited in terms of an off the shelf commercial product. Most of these wall wash light strips are minimum of 24" inches long and that is obviously too long for a 45 cm tank.

So, I am brainstorming ideas for building my own using trimmable LED strip lighting.

Has anybody built something similar (aquarium or a different application)?

TIA
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new