Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pre planning is awesome.
But winging it is even more awesome!
My plumbing sketch changed 5-6 times already.
Just trying to help you save some time lol.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the rock structures back from the workshop & with the help of my brother, got them in position in the tank (there are 8 separate pieces). One small drawback of the SCA tank is that the eurobracing added a bit of awkwardness to putting big heavy things in there. And then I discovered that one of my pieces is a bit too tall. Realized that in my excitement at finding PVC sold in the exact lengths that were the dimensions of my tank, I forgot to account for the couplers so my frame was actually 2" to large in all directions. Not such a big deal for the horizontal dimensions, but I'm going to take a dremel and cut off the tallest bit. All in all, I'm pretty pleased for my first time around with aquascaping.

Really nice work, Hoosier. Bz right now, so i only skimmed thru your build page. I just upgraded from the 4 stage 75gpd watermaker by adding a booster pump and the 150gpd. What a difference. I should have done that a long time a go.

Last edited:

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It arrived on Thursday, a day before scheduled, and stayed in my carport until I got a team together to move it in. It took two skid-style dollies to get it to the back patio, and then four strong guys to get it up 3 steps and into position. Hardest part actually was positioning it on the foam mat and we never could get it quite right.

One of the guys put this picture up on FB, and pointed out that there's already a hitchhiker. Opinions vary on whether this is a good hitchhiker or a bad hitchhiker.

That hitchhiker is there to suck your hard-earned funds from your committed wallet and happily give it to some less fortunate and more deserving reefer... I'd dunk it in Bayer ASAP before it takes hold and does some serious damage to your reefing budget!

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the tank I've had my eye on for over a year. Gods speed

Laddair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can adjust you water pressure at the street or where it enters your house you don't need a booster pump. I though I needed one but was able to adjust my PSI up to 68.
For containers I would contact local farms or industries that use large bulk containers. They usually throw away these things or store them and usually can be purchased. They need a good wash, but I currently have two 14 gallon blue containers with some DIY roller stands. I use one currently just for RODI storage. It contained liquid sodium phosphate before so I wasn't to worried about some funk that was left behind. Gave them a good wash with Vinegar and bleach then a few scrubbings of RODI.

Back