Fumanchu Lionfish Passed Away

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a different fish, right? The liver of this fish is mottled, tan with slight bile staining. There is a huge amount of coelomic fat below it. This is pretty typical of captive lionfish, hepatic lipidosis most likely.

Jay

That fish lived close to 9 years in captivity, their wild lifespan has been reported at just 10 years or over. If you cut me open at 78 old years just about what used to be the avg age of an American male, I'm sure I'll have some deterioration. We should not see this is fish that's barely mature.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fish lived close to 9 years in captivity, their wild lifespan has been reported at just 10 years or over. If you cut me open at 78 old years just about what used to be the avg age of an American male, I'm sure I'll have some deterioration. We should not see this is fish that's barely mature.

Nine years is VERY good! I checked my records, and I discovered that my old registrar had recorded this species by genus only, so the data is all muddled with other dwarf lions. I did find one that we had for a bit more than 4 years though.

Jay

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nine years is VERY good! I checked my records, and I discovered that my old registrar had recorded this species by genus only, so the data is all muddled with other dwarf lions. I did find one that we had for a bit more than 4 years though.

Jay

My last fu died unexpectantly after 3 years. My current pride of a fuzzy, zebra, antennata, and radiata has been established over 4 years.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back