OP
OP
C

chad 1079

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, one dose is not enough, it doesn't kill the fluke eggs. Fine to leave the nitrate pads, just remove carbon, and run your skimmer, but do not collect any skimmate. Adding extra aeration to the tank is best. Eight days after the first dose, do a 25% water change and dose it again. I find that a third dose after another eight days is often required.

Is the lionfish still alive this morning?

Jay
Thanks Jay will do. No lionfish was gone when I got home last night. Other fish seem ok(fingers crossed) though. So do you think the lionfish had flukes and then got like a second bacterial infection ? These guys(lionfish) went down pretty fast(less than a week) eating fine one day and then the next day clamped fins and not eating and dies a couple of days later.

OP
OP
C

chad 1079

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jay will do. No lionfish was gone when I got home last night. Other fish seem ok(fingers crossed) though. So do you think the lionfish had flukes and then got like a second bacterial infection ? These guys(lionfish) went down pretty fast(less than a week) eating fine one day and then the next day clamped fins and not eating and dies a couple of days later. Oh and it looks like a couple of my fish may have a bacterial infection as well. If I mix it in there food can I use Kanoplex while I have Prazipro in the tank ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jay will do. No lionfish was gone when I got home last night. Other fish seem ok(fingers crossed) though. So do you think the lionfish had flukes and then got like a second bacterial infection ? These guys(lionfish) went down pretty fast(less than a week) eating fine one day and then the next day clamped fins and not eating and dies a couple of days later.

I think that's what happened to the lion, but I can't be positive. Sometimes, giving a freshly dead fish a FW dip and looking at the water under a microscope can identify if it had flukes or not. You have to get to the fish as it is dying though.....even an hour post mortem and most of the flukes have jumped off.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back