Fun with Photoshop....

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself have no talent with a camera but most people use a photo editing software to clean up and edit photos to some extent. And as we are all aware, sometimes it is used to excess and most of us have bought something that didn't exactly look in person as it did in the representative pic. Yes, I know...lighting, tank conditions, flow....blah, blah, blah.

So I thought this might be fun and perhaps enlightening for some of those new to the hobby. Let's see a pair of your pics. One being untouched or as close to the real look of your subject as possible. The second being the same pic "edited" to enhance the look of the coral. Also feel free if you don't want to play the picture game to share some things that you look for in a grossly edited photo. You may save someone from an unpleasant experience.

Feel free to go wild or mild as we've seen it all in this hobby. Maybe a newbe may learn a thing or two about what can be done to a coral to enhance it's appeal.

Now, with that being said.....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T USE THIS AS A THREAD TO BASH ANYBODY!!!! I just want it to be informative and fun. So let's see what you got and what you can do.

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we can both agree that this pic represents that hammer above very well! lol Pic is just sharpened and auto colored.
3b6e04f2.jpg

OP
OP
FishLipz

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. This is exactly what I was talking about. I brought up this topic because you asked me if my avatar pic was the gold hammer you sent me. Obviously I went nuts with the saturation, tint and other stuff. Your pic looks EXACTLY as it does in my tank.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back