Fun With Vectra M2

Mark Goode

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2022
Messages
915
Reaction score
1,631
Location
Market Harborough, England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week my return pump stopped working; the fault was quickly traced to a big ball of chaeto which had somehow managed to lodge itself in my pipework (how, still remains a mystery).

Yesterday it failed again, but this time I could find no blockage. The LED on the controller flashed orange/white, indicating an obstacle stuck in the pump. I dismantled the pump, found no obstacle. I changed the pump for a spare (new) M2, the controller still says obstacle stuck in pump. After much cursing and swearing, I changed to a new controller. It also says obstacle in pump.

The only thing I haven't changed is the power supply - and guess what? LED flashing orange/white also means the cheap, generic, Chinese made power unit they supply with these pumps is failing.

I wasted hours on this.
 
Positive there’s nothing downstream of the pump in the pipes?
 
Positive there’s nothing downstream of the pump in the pipes?
Yeah, I disconnected everything and tried with both pumps. It was difinitely the power supply that was at fault - though it was supplying sufficient power to turn on the LEDs on the controller. Briefly, anyway.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new