Fungia parasitic flatworms

Dutch_Mill

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2022
Messages
135
Reaction score
88
Location
Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received a bunch of Fungias through transship. Several pieces had these flatworms on them. Never more than two.

Heliofungia Fralinae from the same farm were all clean. Fungias infected seemed to be of various genera within the family.

Anyone else has had a run in with these?

121163.jpg
121162.jpg
 
Very unfortunate but interesting. I don't think I've seen this sort of thing with stony mushrooms before.

If possible (for science/future knowledge and reference), could you list which specific species of corals were infected and which were not?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new