Funny story at Petco

JedClampett

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2015
Messages
643
Reaction score
224
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the other day I am in need of buying a cover for my reef tank and a new fish, not wanting to drive to my good lfs, I just decided to go to Petco, when I got there I was standing around for about 20 min waiting for assistance and finally someone came. After talking to them for about 10 sec, I knew they defenitly didn't work in the fish department and they knew nothing about fish. I tried to describe that I needed a cover for my tank but all they gave me was some tank divider, and asked is this what you need? So next I asked if she had any blennies in stock, and got the response, idk? She looked and then said we have this red and green blenny. So I walk up to the tank and look inside, not only is it not a blenny but a goby; it was a mandarin goby. After I said that wasn't what I was looking for, the person kept trying to get me to buy it, and saying how cool it was, so I left. Lessen learned here, is that if you need help with something about fish, don't ask the employe that just came out of the dog section.
 
Why ask if they had Blenny's when you could have just checked the tanks for yourself? Especially since you already knew they didn't work in that department. Funny? Not.
 
I had already looked and couldn't find any, so I asked to Make sure
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new