Funny thing you find while window shopping

  • Thread starter Thread starter eefan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eefan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
10
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was browsing the website for Pacific East Aquaculture and found this in the WYSIWYG for SPS. I bought a similar looking frag from them back at a swap meet. According to the people there, the frag I got was a cyphastrea, but now I see this. Does anyone have any information about Astreopora care? I would post a picture of my own, but my coral photography skills are lacking and the pictures I have taken leave a lot of be desired.

Neon Astreopora - WYSIWYG

Thanks.
 
The one at PEA is definitely an Astreopora. I've had one before, and it actually seemed like a fairly easy SPS-type coral, even though the polyps are rather large for SPS. I found mid-level placement and moderate flow good. It did well near a Monti cap for me. I'm sure plenty of LPS only tanks could support it too, but I had mine in a SPS dominated tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new