Furan 2 discontinued - what do I use for zoa pox now?

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I have zoa pox and the go to treatment of Furan 2 by API has apparently been removed by the FDA (according to the LFS). What do I use now?
1622213833350.png

1622213965186.png

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hikaris bifuran + is the same minus the methalyne blue which you can buy seperately.

Still hard to find though...

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an extra box. 1000$ shipped or trade for Holy Grail torch ;) totally joking

I did pick up a box of it locally about a month ago after seeing they were unavailable online. If you haven't already, it might be worth checking all your LFS, even Petsmart/Petco (or whatever chain you have).

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an extra box. 1000$ shipped or trade for Holy Grail torch ;) totally joking

I did pick up a box of it locally about a month ago after seeing they were unavailable online. If you haven't already, it might be worth checking all your LFS, even Petsmart/Petco (or whatever chain you have).
Agreed. My LFS has a stock of it.
And theres a couple boxes in my med drawer lol.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an extrunfa box. 1000$ shipped or trade for Holy Grail torch ;) totally joking

unfortunately no luck with that

ClearRain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We haven't had it come in the past month, I didn't realize it was being discontinued. And around here at least, petco/petsmart can no longer carry fish meds.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont make me call every tropical fish store within a 50 mile radius of you......
Im tempted......

Screenshot_20210528-132159_Maps.jpg
Seriously, you just saved me! I have called basically every place on that map, but noticed ICHTHY stuff up there in all caps. Never even heard of that place. They have 1 box left. Now feel all warm and fuzzy inside for saving me a ton of trouble! Thanks!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, you just saved me! I have called basically every place on that map, but noticed ICHTHY stuff up there in all caps. Never even heard of that place. They have 1 box left. Now feel all warm and fuzzy inside for saving me a ton of trouble! Thanks!
Heck yes :)
Now heres an extra point for Salty.
This is the method I use after a few attempted failures and no relief from pox.
This method WORKS!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200911-132914_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200911-132914_Gallery.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 248

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our lovely government is slowly banning lots of things that work , but are harmful if not responsibly used both physically and environmentally. We have a certain bacterialcide we use to sanitize our tanks thats been banned and there's really no replacement.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our lovely government is slowly banning lots of things that work , but are harmful if not responsibly used both physically and environmentally. We have a certain bacterialcide we use to sanitize our tanks thats been banned and there's really no replacement.
While I was at the LFS picking up the Furan 2 he looked it up. The FDA said it was being marketed for a use on animals that was not FDA approved.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yes :)
Now heres an extra point for Salty.
This is the method I use after a few attempted failures and no relief from pox.
This method WORKS!

Thanks! You also sent me to something I now want, no need. I have never seen a green-on-green toadstool here. I've only seen these mail order.

1622241558834.png

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back