Fusion disconnected despite strong WiFi connection?

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else had problems with apex the last day or so? I have reset my router which is about 10 inches from my apex. Having connection issues. Any suggestions to regain a stable connection?
IMG_1046.png

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happens all the time! :) The only way (.. and i mean the only way!) to avoid this is to hard wire it in using a LAN cable.

Unless you're running a Junior, this sholdn't be an issue being this close to the router.

I had to drill through two walls to make mine work properly :) Haven't had any issues since!

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens to me what seems about once a month. I follow the advice from this thread and that seems to do the trick.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my router is within my tank stand I think I will hard wire it soon. Thank you for the reset thread. I could not find it anywhere. I had to reference it once before. So far we are working again. Thanks!!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my router is within my tank stand I think I will hard wire it soon. Thank you for the reset thread. I could not find it anywhere. I had to reference it once before. So far we are working again. Thanks!!
As I stated, i'ts the only way - and you will thank yourself for it! :) As @Reefer Matt says also, the static IP does not make it worse! :D

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Happens all the time! :) The only way (.. and i mean the only way!) to avoid this is to hard wire it in using a LAN cable.

Unless you're running a Junior, this sholdn't be an issue being this close to the router.

I had to drill through two walls to make mine work properly :) Haven't had any issues since!

I quite literally never have fusion disconnects. But I also immediately replace the **** SD cards Neptune installs in the head units.

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I ran my Apex using WIFI, I found that specifying Google DNS servers over my router and ISP DNS solved my connection issues. I now run my Apex using ethernet since both devices are located in the same room.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quite literally never have fusion disconnects. But I also immediately replace the **** SD cards Neptune installs in the head units.
Never thought about that. What SD card do you replace it with. Do I need to turn off my apex to install a new one? Are all my settings lost if I replace it?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're a minority - but I'm very happy to hear that :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: enjoy it..

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Never thought about that. What SD card do you replace it with. Do I need to turn off my apex to install a new one? Are all my settings lost if I replace it?

Any microsd that is 4,8 or 16gb. Sandisk is what i use. You have to pull the head unit apart. You will lose everything but can just do a restore and be up and running in a few mins.

I think you're a minority - but I'm very happy to hear that :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: enjoy it..

I’m not. The people with issues are always the ones complaining. It’s a rare issue when you look at the unit sales and almost always comes down to a network conflict.

I absolutely hate Neptune Systems. Their support is trash. Their products are low quality. They have a monopoly and they know it. So I’m not defending them. Stating a fact.

malfist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine and my partners did this all the time on WiFi, we wired it, but there's no reason to drill holes in walls for it. Check out a power line Ethernet. It's limit to 100mbits, but that's plenty for apex and it works anywhere there's an electrical plug

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the reset button and went through the connection setup and has been stable again. I think if it starts acting up I’ll hard wire it because it’s only about 2 feet of cable to connect. I should really just not be lazy and do it now before I lose connection again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back