Future fish list

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to look into getting the mandarin onto frozen foods. Mine loves mysis and Rod's food. It's made my life much easier than worrying about if I have enough pods.

Mobile Aquatic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frank, we all know that fish budget goes out the window the first time you eye a pair of Hawaiian flame wrasses in person!

LOL......ain't that the truth. It's all relative. Flames are cheap compared to some of the other big hitters out there.

I like the mandarin, but I've had him, they hide a lot...anyone know where I can get a pair of mandarin dragonettes? I plan on stocking the tank w pods...will that work even if I decide to get a few wrasses too?

Mandarins and wrasses will compete for food so it's not a good idea for this size tank even if you are planning on adding pods on a regular basis. Some of the smaller fairy wrasses are nice and not as aggressive. Helfrichi's firefish is really colorful. Or as stun said, get a nice Centropyge that's not as common.

OP
OP
B

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it would be better to have a few wrasses instead of one mandarin, what about a scooter blenny? they aren't so dead set on pods...they happily eat mysis? what if I got a scooter with a few wrasses? again, thanks a lot...

OP
OP
B

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes...my amonia is around .25, have not tested for nitrite because I tested my nitrates first and they are around 50 ppm...

And I run carbon in a 2LF reactor...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back