Future fish list

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 60 gallon, SPS dominant, I am going to want very small fish (small bio load) but I do want some nice fish swimming around...I want them to get along, the more the better...not positive on what but I am thinking about a midas blenny and a mandarin dragonette so far (wanted a small purple tang and a six line, but they're too agg)...I don't want anything too aggressive or that will get too big...please give some suggestions of nice fish, thanks...

here is a pic of the tank for an idea of the volume...

IMG00137-20100705-1510.jpg picture by mogphotobucket - Photobucket

thanks in advance!

Last edited:

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a six line wrasse(skimberly) in my 50g cube with a lemon damsel and a bluefin damsel and she is not aggresive at all.

boehm742

ReefKeeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG00137-20100705-1510.jpg

Here you go, Your link isnt quite right.

OP
OP
B

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about a lawnmower? they ok with the midas? Also thinking about a pink streaked wrasse and a blue spotted jawfish too...

Last edited:

CapnMorgan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that with any wrasses, and especially bluespot jawfish you'll need a cover of some sort. They are avid jumpers.

CapnMorgan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can work, however sometimes a fish will make it through eggcrate (usually your most expensive one).

I like the clear mesh covers. Cheap, easy and look great, here are the ones I made for my 180g:

DSC_1270.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why I ask, I had a bluespot jump through eggcrate on my last tank...I really like your clear mesh did you get the supplies at home depot?

CapnMorgan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mesh I got from a member here on R2R, I'll find out who it was and let you know asap. The frame is just black aluminum screen frame and spline from Home Depot. The holes are small enough that no fish will fit through it, and it doesn't block any light. It's also UV and salt resistant so it's perfect for reef tanks. Total cost was about $20 to do all three.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my pygmy angel, rainford goby, and my radiant wrasse. The radiant may get to 4-5 inches tops. If you get a pygmy angel, add it last. Both I've had are a little pushy.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
African Midas blenny
Mckoskers Male
Blue Flasher Male (Go with the wrasse pair and no mandorin as they might compete for pods)
Tomini Tang
Picasso Clown Pair (Or Black oscillaris, or pair of onyx)

You will be most happy with this list

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are tons of options. To get a good idea of what all is possible, just search around. I have spent countless hours working on my stock list and always looking for more (at 19 fish in a 120 with another 10 or so in line to be added later). For help and inspiration, go look at www.saltcorner.com then click on "Aquarium Library" then click on "Fish Library" and start digging! They have pictures and basic info (size, feeding, care, etc.) for a LOT of the ornamental fish we keep in this hobby and lots of exotics you would never think of.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely look into Centropyge species, or maybe a Chrysiptera starcki (Strakii Damsel).

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frank, we all know that fish budget goes out the window the first time you eye a pair of Hawaiian flame wrasses in person!

OP
OP
B

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the most expensive small fish I have seen for a 60 gallon was maybe 200 bucks...idk, if I like it, I'm gonna buy it...

OP
OP
B

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the mandarin, but I've had him, they hide a lot...anyone know where I can get a pair of mandarin dragonettes? I plan on stocking the tank w pods...will that work even if I decide to get a few wrasses too?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back