fuzzy dwarf lionfish moulting?

clxtchsxns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fuzzy dwarf lionfish has only recently has had a lot of discolouration on the top of his back to the point where its white, he has what looks like peeling around the area of discolouration and now has extremely dark clear eyes (they used to be quite cloudy) he has also being breathing fairly heavily. From what I have researched he has symptoms of being in a moult. I just wanted to be sure and ask some of you guys.
Thanks,
-clxtchsxns

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fuzzy dwarf lionfish has only recently has had a lot of discolouration on the top of his back to the point where its white, he has what looks like peeling around the area of discolouration and now has extremely dark clear eyes (they used to be quite cloudy) he has also being breathing fairly heavily. From what I have researched he has symptoms of being in a moult. I just wanted to be sure and ask some of you guys.
Thanks,
-clxtchsxns
A photo would help if you can get one, to me it does sound like he’s in moult though.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While they do shed, heavy breathing is usually not part of it. During the shed, eyes can be cloudy, but you describe the cloudy eyes previously, so thats also a little off from a shed. While it can be a partial shed, usually the whole body tends to be a more muted, cloudy color.

How long have you had him and what are his tank conditions. Are you using any meds or tank cleaners, etc. What, how much, and how often has he eating

OP
OP
C

clxtchsxns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While they do shed, heavy breathing is usually not part of it. During the shed, eyes can be cloudy, but you describe the cloudy eyes previously, so thats also a little off from a shed. While it can be a partial shed, usually the whole body tends to be a more muted, cloudy color.

How long have you had him and what are his tank conditions. Are you using any meds or tank cleaners, etc. What, how much, and how often has he eating
I’ve only had him for a week or so and I couldn’t get him to eat frozen was gonna maybe get some live food but couldn’t figure out what the tank has been cycled for about 5 weeks now no meds and I have snails for clean up crew that’s it and I had 1.023 salinity, 400 calcium and like 1400 and I forgot my other ones (I tested last week) but was gonna test again when I saw my fish like that

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Offer live ghost shrimp and guppies. If they don't eat, immediately treat with general cure or paracleanse.

Youcan find alot of info of tge care of dwarf lions in many of my other threads by clicking my name and "find all threads "

OP
OP
C

clxtchsxns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Offer live ghost shrimp and guppies. If they don't eat, immediately treat with general cure or paracleanse.

Youcan find alot of info of tge care of dwarf lions in many of my other threads by clicking my name and "find all threads "
I have a tank with guppies that I was breeding for him but I forgot to mention he passed away last night I suspect he was sick because my big maroon clownfish is doing well and my eel in there is still eating and seems healthy ever since I’ve been doing about 5% water changes every morning even though every thing seems okay. I’m not sure why or how he died whether I just got a sick lion or maybe I was doing something wrong it was my first time owning one and I did as much research as I could like I said it could’ve been something I did but my other fish seem to be doing well.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back