FYI Mandarins

jlangley0103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my daranets are spawning every 5 days. i will setup a night cam to capture the ast soon.

the eggs scatter VERY quick during, make it hard to catch the eggs, but are sticky when the touch something. every other fish REALLY LIKES the taste and the tangs fight the net to eat them.

just wanted people to know the spawn cycle. I could not find good info on breeding them on the internet.

Attachments

• MDeggs1.jpg
    MDeggs1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited by a moderator:

MarineFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on getting a spawning pair.
There is a section of MOFIB dedicated to Dragonetts Here
I have considered breeding them if I am lucky enough to get a pair. From what I have read, it is possible for the hobbyist if you have room for a rearing tank setup.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I've heard from a guy who used to breed them- Their eggs will float on the water surface, if you know when they'll be spawning, turn off the pumps and you can scoop the eggs off the surface. From there on though, it's up to you to have a tank and raise them and whatnot. Very awesome you got some breeding though, I'm still trying to find a male to compliment my female, and a female now for the male that the female rejected (poor guy :( )

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got one from ora and its is still survivng and looks cool. i always wanted one but i didnt think my nano could support the pod population, but now i dont have to worry about that.

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got one from ora and its is still survivng and looks cool. i always wanted one but i didnt think my nano could support the pod population, but now i dont have to worry about that.

I've heard the ORA ones still seem to want a majority of their diets to be pods.... I've heard that some of them won't even eat frozen foods at all...kinda a bummer if this is true because I wanted one as well.

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that in the wild the male is much smaller than the female. Are there any other ways to distinguish sex?

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The female has a rounded top fin and the male has a long spike.

kass

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back