G2 ASM skimmer on a 60 gallon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddenora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddenora

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2011
Messages
161
Reaction score
43
Location
Colonia, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just picked up a G2 ASM skimmer for my 60 cube, anyone know if thats overkill? I believe its rated for 200 gallons, not sure though
 
I had one one my 55 Gal. Worked fine for the bio-load
I had, (a little heavy). I have moved up to a 90 gal and its working well with the load in it. I have always heard bigger the better with skimmers. What you have in your tank will determine over kill or not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new