G4 fans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jpuck18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of know the answer but just curious if anyone came up with creative ideas to either turn off the fans when the lights are off or ways to reduce the fan noise. They are currently the loudest thing in my tank. I was really hoping a firmware update would of resolved this but now since the g5s are out I presume support updates are going to dwindle on older models. Right now I have them plugged into a smart outlet becuase I didn't want to waste 2 Apex outlets just for that reason.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My G4Pro fans turn off by themselves when not light up.....

they also ramp up and down in speed based on how bright (hot) the lights are

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sleep in the same room as my 200 with 4 of them, and the trickle from the water on the surface is louder than the lights....

OP
OP
Jpuck18

Jpuck18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sleep in the same room as my 200 with 4 of them, and the trickle from the water on the surface is louder than the lights....
Hey GlassMunky thanks for the responses, are you using 30s or 15s? I've been told the fans don't shut off on the 30s.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey GlassMunky thanks for the responses, are you using 30s or 15s? I've been told the fans don't shut off on the 30s.
4 Gen4 XR-30Pros.
if they dont actually turn off fully they definitely get really quiet at night to where i dont notice them

OP
OP
Jpuck18

Jpuck18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah OK got ya. Yeah my lights are off right now but I can still hear the fans running. Even over my forced hot air heat blowing in the room. It's a white noise but it's annoying the crap out of me lol

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G1 to G4 XR30 fans do not turn off unlike the XR15s, very annoying and guaranteed fan failure.

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When Mobius is fully released with control of Radions integrated, you will be able to control the fans on your G4s and have them slowdown, shutoff, etc.

Alex1Young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah OK got ya. Yeah my lights are off right now but I can still hear the fans running. Even over my forced hot air heat blowing in the room. It's a white noise but it's annoying the crap out of me lol

I would recommend using some compressed air to clean out your fan area. There likely is some dirt or debris accumulated that is causing the noise you're hearing. In ESL you are not able to control fan speed. That said, you will be able to control fan speeds once Radion control is available via Mobius.

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
when will mobius app be available for xr30g4pros
I would recommend using some compressed air to clean out your fan area. There likely is some dirt or debris accumulated that is causing the noise you're hearing. In ESL you are not able to control fan speed. That said, you will be able to control fan speeds once Radion control is available via Mobius.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting that möbius will enable capabilities that reeflink cannot. Unfortunately my gen4 lights are old enough that they do not have the requisite communication capability .... :(

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What model of Radions will be compatible with Mobius???

Will Ecosmart Live continue to exist for those of us with Gen2 lights?

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I certainly hope so.
My gen 2 and gen 3 lights are still going strong on tanks.
Hopefully @Alex1Young could shed some light on that. (Pun intended)

Ucyibd1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I thought I read somewhere that G4’s are as long as they have the chip installed. You can look on ESL under the devices i button.

It will be interesting to play with the Mobius, although I have come to like the ESL site.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I read somewhere that G4’s are as long as they have the chip installed. You can look on ESL under the devices i button.

It will be interesting to play with the Mobius, although I have come to like the ESL site.

I am fine with that but hopefully Ecotech doesn't neglect Ecosmart Live and leave us all in the dust

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ESL wont stop working, you just wont see anymore updates.

I wish I still had the chart of all the legacy components that will be compatible with mobius. IIRC it went back to gen3's (don't take that as fact). There were some early Gen4's that were shipped with the older chip that aren't mobius ready. Good thing is that they can be swapped out rather easily.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ESL wont stop working, you just wont see anymore updates.

I wish I still had the chart of all the legacy components that will be compatible with mobius. IIRC it went back to gen3's (don't take that as fact). There were some early Gen4's that were shipped with the older chip that aren't mobius ready. Good thing is that they can be swapped out rather easily.

I usey Gen 2 lights on ESL , I have FOWLR so for me they work fine . If I start corals and such , I will have to invest in new Lighting at some point. I just want ESL to keep running. I emailed Ecotech to get an answer

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
if you guys look in the thread mobius questions, there is someone that just showed compatibility with the xr30 pros, yay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back