G5 Freshwater?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I know of, but I have the AI Prime Fuge and it's awesome. I'm currently running it at 15% because it's so powerful and anything more will give me 0 nitrate.

Not quite Ecotech, but almost since AI is owned by Ecotech, and will eventually be integrated with Mobius.

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not that I know of, but I have the AI Prime Fuge and it's awesome. I'm currently running it at 15% because it's so powerful and anything more will give me 0 nitrate.

Not quite Ecotech, but almost since AI is owned by Ecotech, and will eventually be integrated with Mobius.

True, but I am looking for something with a little more umph! :) I actually have a Kessil H380, but I really like the idea of sticking to the Ecotech environment. Does AI have any FW/Fuge lights other than the Prime?

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, but I am looking for something with a little more umph! :) I actually have a Kessil H380, but I really like the idea of sticking to the Ecotech environment. Does AI have any FW/Fuge lights other than the Prime?
They have a 55W Prime Freshwater, which is not optimised for macro algae so that extra wattage is wasted anyway in a fuge.
As for the more powerful Hydras, they make them only with reef spectrum.

Seriously, i'm super happy so far with the Prime Fuge, but it's about half the power of your Kessil though.
I guess you can always put 2 of them if you want more power because they are pretty small.

Also, no timeframe yet as to when AI products will be integrated with Mobius. There was a beta version running earlier in the year that would let you add AI products, but it has ended a couple months ago and that feature has yet to be added to the main version of Mobius.

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They have a 55W Prime Freshwater, which is not optimised for macro algae so that extra wattage is wasted anyway in a fuge.
As for the more powerful Hydras, they make them only with reef spectrum.

Seriously, i'm super happy so far with the Prime Fuge, but it's about half the power of your Kessil though.
I guess you can always put 2 of them if you want more power because they are pretty small.

Also, no timeframe yet as to when AI products will be integrated with Mobius. There was a beta version running earlier in the year that would let you add AI products, but it has ended a couple months ago and that feature has yet to be added to the main version of Mobius.

Taking notes.... Thank you for your reply here. You're right, two would be a good work around for the fuge - maybe 3 with the freshwater version. I'll keep my eye out for the Mobius compatibility. Not crucial, but important to me for sure.

Curious what support from ecotech might look like if I purchased a used model FW or a new old stock device. Thoughts?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back