G5 issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

adams901

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd day of using the G5 radions.

One of the lights appears to be a few seconds behind the other when ramping up and down, any ideas why this would be?

It also seems to give off a different colour in the final stages of ramp down (might be related to the time lag).

IMG_20200312_021706.jpg

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the color, calibrate them separately in a completely dark room. Hopefully their tech support can help with the few seconds out of sync

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calibrate both of them separately in a dark room, and make sure you don’t have the traveling sunset turned on. That makes the time offset so the lights sweep across the tank.

Alex1Young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd day of using the G5 radions.

One of the lights appears to be a few seconds behind the other when ramping up and down, any ideas why this would be?

It also seems to give off a different colour in the final stages of ramp down (might be related to the time lag).

If you're experiencing an issue with Mobius, please report that information directly through the app. This will allow our engineering team to investigate that issue for you directly.

AlainD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Alex1Young when a fix for Mobius will be released for all the problems that have been report since the released of the radion g5 ?

OP
OP
adams901

adams901

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just submitted a ticket for the issue as I've found some other issues.

it appears there are inconsistencies between the 2 lights with the colors cyan and blue.

At 1% power and 30% intensity the left hand light will be brighter, at 45% the right hand light will be brighter, at about 50% they possibly equal out.

Also it would appear that the blues on one of my radions are a lighter shade than the blues on the other.

I've calibrated both lights multiple times but it remains the same, this is in addition to one side of the tank.going dark before the other.
IMG_20200314_034110.jpg

IMG_20200314_034023.jpg

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were the same way out of the factory which I dont really understand, but not a big deal. If you calibrate your lights like suggested above they wont appear to be two different colors. When the drivers are driving the LEDs at different voltages they will be different colors. When you calibrate the lights you arent calibrating the diode at all I believe, but rather the amount of current needed for X intensity.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 62 36.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back