G5 Radion - fan cover screw size?

CivicS14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what size screw this is? Apparently Ecotech support is clueless. After back and forth emails, all they can tell me is that it is a torx t6 head, no information on the length and thread.
Anyone have any idea — this is the tiny silver screw that goes inside the mounting nut that holds the fan dust cover over the radion g5.

misturrtinnie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Every time I have an issue with any screws I just take it to my local home depot and see which one it fits on their display thread chart thing. Then see if they have the right stainless steel bolts to fit, if not I just order the right length online. Hope that helps!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what size screw this is? Apparently Ecotech support is clueless. After back and forth emails, all they can tell me is that it is a torx t6 head, no information on the length and thread.
Anyone have any idea — this is the tiny silver screw that goes inside the mounting nut that holds the fan dust cover over the radion g5.
Not sure if this helps, but may narrow it down.

T6 is usually an M2 size bolt. From there, you would need to figure out length. If you do not have the screw to reference, You can use a toothpick and a pen to mark the bottom out depth or where the toothpick will hit an object. From there, you can carry the toothpick to the hardware store, find an M2 bolt and then use the mark on the toothpick to get your length. I would also go just a tad shorter on the bolt than the mark on the tooth pick. No need to bottom it out or be very close to an object.

OP
OP
CivicS14

CivicS14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this helps, but may narrow it down.

T6 is usually an M2 size bolt. From there, you would need to figure out length. If you do not have the screw to reference, You can use a toothpick and a pen to mark the bottom out depth or where the toothpick will hit an object. From there, you can carry the toothpick to the hardware store, find an M2 bolt and then use the mark on the toothpick to get your length. I would also go just a tad shorter on the bolt than the mark on the tooth pick. No need to bottom it out or be very close to an object.
This helps a lot. I have plenty more screws to reference to that I can remove and measure. Lost one somehow when removing it to clean.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back