Galaxea aggression

Lambo00771

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
4
Location
York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi im wondering if anyone has had experience of Galaxea coral stinging Fish. I've got the frag on its own island, as i read they don't play nicely with other corals, I assumed,wrongly the sweepers deployed at night but this is not the case. Would you move it away from the centre of the tank, which is possible the tank size is 4x2x2 any help would be appreciated thanks.
 
Fish are usually aware enough to avoid tenticles that might sting them. I can't sayone way or the other I've ever known a fish to get stung by Galaxia. I can say I've been stung by Euphyllia multiple times that have left welts where skin is thinner on my wrists or between my fingers but never have had a reaction from Galaxia.
 
I have seen some fish get injured by the sweepers. I believe most fish over time, learn to avoid those corals. I would recommend moving them to an area where there is plenty of space for the sweepers as that coral will continue to get larger and larger over time.
 
I have never seen sweepers from mine, but I do keep it where the flow would tend to move the sweepers away from any other coral.

1000010675.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new