Gaping derasa?

Do you have a pic?
Sorry, duh...

20191205_185327.jpg
 
It's not gaping, just an open incurrent siphon. Mantel retracting into the shell with an exaggerated open incurrent siphon is gaping. I wouldn't worry one bit. Keep an eye out for new shell growth. I'm not seeing any new growth on the maxima so I would keep an eye on it, it requires more light than the derasa.
 
It's not gaping, just an open incurrent siphon. Mantel retracting into the shell with an exaggerated open incurrent siphon is gaping. I wouldn't worry one bit. Keep an eye out for new shell growth. I'm not seeing any new growth on the maxima so I would keep an eye on it, it requires more light than the derasa.
Thanks for the reply
 
Soba little good news with the derasa. Placed both the new clams on old clam shell halves. Noticed early this morning that the derasa seems to be sending down new byssal threads. :)

20191208_073917.jpg 20191208_073951.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new