Gauging Interest In Photo Contest

IMO having people with nice slrs in the same category as a $100 point and shoot would be like rally racing and having the ferrari's compete against the 4 cylinders.


Good luck to everyone :D

I agree with you to a point, however, I still think Dale Ernhardt Jr. in a 4 cyl has a pretty good chance of beating me even if I'm driving a Ferrari!
 
I understand what your saying Nikon Guy, just because you have the nicer camera doesn't mean you know how to use it. But it does start you off with a heck of an advantage.


I can attest to that. I have a canon 20D and the 100mm 2.8 macro and I'm only decent with it as far as tank pics go. Mirror lockup is helping me a bit, as is PP skills (lightroom), but overall, yes I have a few friends that could smoke me with their point and shoots..
 
Alright guys! Let's iron out the final details on this. I'd like for the contest to start on the first of July and run until the end of the month.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new