GBTA Help!!!!

DerekCaudill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Been a long time since I've posted but I don't know what to do. I have a 10 gallon IM tank with a Prime HD over it. It's primarily a nem tank with 4 healthy RBTA's and on GBTA. The GBTA moved around a lot at first and finally found a home for several months on the back side of my scape. Go figure. Any way I never saw it much unless I peeked around the side to try see it. All was well. Well as of late of noticed it not there. Couldn't find it. Now it's came around to the right side of the tank and looks pretty poor. Still has a good foot hold but looks bad. Water is good and just did another 4 gallon change. I do this at least twice a month. What can I do???? How can I help it??? It's always seemed to not really like the light too much o think. Hard to tell. Any input to save this would be greatly appreciated.

16922097597257620425851034307643.jpg

Dcloser12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems are runners. They will position themselves where they like. If the light is to strong it will find a cove or dark place to hide. The only time I see mine move is to split or once because I had a terrible alk swing. If you have a nice moderate flow , his mouth is still closed.. he could just be finding a better place to position. My rbta like 300+ par. They stay at the top. My gbta stay about lower mids.. 170ish par. I've yet to see one run to the sand bed.

OP
OP
D

DerekCaudill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems are runners. They will position themselves where they like. If the light is to strong it will find a cove or dark place to hide. The only time I see mine move is to split or once because I had a terrible alk swing. If you have a nice moderate flow , his mouth is still closed.. he could just be finding a better place to position. My rbta like 300+ par. They stay at the top. My gbta stay about lower mids.. 170ish par. I've yet to see one run to the sand bed.
Thanks for the quick response. I am a bit worried with this one however. Flow is taken care of with a Nero 3. It's been in the spot for 2 days and hasn't opened up. Is this a wait and hope scenario???

Dcloser12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick response. I am a bit worried with this one however. Flow is taken care of with a Nero 3. It's been in the spot for 2 days and hasn't opened up. Is this a wait and hope scenario???
Did you test your water? I know many are number beaters and always claim that's the problem. I have found that nems grow fine with or without perfect parameters. They how ever do not like swings much. And I mean drastic swings. Post an updated picture when you can.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's anecdotal evidence of warfare between color variations. Try running carbon and see if it improves.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back