Gday

Welcome to R2R!! How cool that you have been able to see how this hobby has changed and developed since the 70's. Hopefully you can share some stories and pictures with us. Thanks for being here, im sure you have a lot of knowledge to share.
 
welcome10.png
 
Welcome to R2R!!! I cannot imagine being in your shoes and seeing how the hobby has evolved... the technologies as they became available, changes in best practices and methodologies, and availability of new fish and coral.
 
Greetings to all,

Long time aquarium hobbyist, coming up to my 44th year keeping marine fish and coral. My first system used a sub sand filter which was state of the art in 1976....

I am currently running a 5 x 3 x 2 Starphire setup with Solartubes and Hydra52 HD led lighting. BK180 cone skimmer and a recently acquired Vectra L2 return. This system has been up and running for about 7 years now, very happy with it.

I still have some hair and my sanity.

Great looking forum you guys are part of, looking forward to participating.


Welcome to R2R!!
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new