Geezer's (Mostly) SPS Reef

Built an SPS Ledge in the aquascape on the left side of the tank and traded for some frags. They're starting to color up and extend some polyps.
1000018886.jpg
 
Nice! Really cool to see the development over the years, has filled in very nicely
 
I really really enjoyed your tank thread.

What made you add sand? It looks fantastic, just curious if you prefer the look or did it involve nutrients? Are you still using AFR?
 
I added sand when I moved the tank downstairs in late 2020 & early 2021 and re-aquascaped. I thought Wrasse's needed it... and I really love Wrasses. I've sucked most of it out over the years. There is not really much left. maybe 1/2 inch in the open areas behind the rocks.

I had to restart the calcium reactor. AFR got too expensive for the stupid high demand of this tank. I do add the A and K Elements that are in AFR.
 
Awesome tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new