Gen4 xr30 pro for a small tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrisv.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2012
Messages
3,444
Reaction score
3,843
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm considering buying a used gen4 xr30 pro with diffuser for use on a tank with a 24"x 16" footprint. I'd like the ability to use the same light on a deeper cube tank in the future. The goal is to keep sps.

What do we think?

Another option is a used hydra 32, but the price is about the same.
 
Hello! I'm considering buying a used gen4 xr30 pro with diffuser for use on a tank with a 24"x 16" footprint. I'd like the ability to use the same light on a deeper cube tank in the future. The goal is to keep sps.

What do we think?

Another option is a used hydra 32, but the price is about the same.
Should be ok under low settings
Xr15 better
 
Low power would be recommended on a XR30.
Normally I would say XR15, but the XR30 will give better spread.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new