General Goni Dipping Method

Isaac Alves

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2015
Messages
2,823
Reaction score
1,822
Location
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting some Gonipora and can’t find a direct prescription for dipping them.

I was planning on doing a 5 minute Bayer dip followed by an iodine dip (Seachem Reef Dip) for five minutes.

Thoughts?
 
Last edited:
I would dip them like any other corals
So, my method above is ok?

I wasn't sure if my tools would be ok for Gonis:
"...5 minute Bayer dip followed by an iodine dip (Seachem Reef Dip) for five minutes"

Thank you!
 
I have never used Bayer but my pest treatment with gonis are the same as an other corals. If that is how you dip your other corals, I don't see why it would be any different for gonis.

I personally use KCl dip.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new