General Profilux 4 Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

aggieoil11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a home with a dedicated Fish Room. In planning for an aquarium controller, I'm planning on running cables in-wall to connect devices. Two questions have come up in my planning:
- My plans are: Profilux Device -> PAB Cable to Network Connector in the Wall (RJ45) -> Network CAT 6 Cable Through the Wall -> PAB Cable to Network Connector in the Wall (RJ45) -> Powerbar PAB6e; Will this setup work correctly?
- Is there any order the devices need to be daisy-chained together? I plan to have KH/Ion Director, Maxi Doser(s), and possibly and Expansion Box

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can connect them in any order you see fit (just don’t loop them together). I have three profiluxes of varying generations. They are Very stable. I have the pab cables up to 30 ft long and the actual controllers up to 50 ft from the router (I have a decent router though, best available at the time of purchase).

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PAB cable = Cat 5e they are the same. You can also use Cat 6. I have used both in my system, they are all interchangeable. So basically, there is no need to pay GHL for expensive PAB cables.

The Profilux has 2 PAB ports on the back of it. This allows you you to go two different directions. From the Profilux you can daisy chain any product that has a PAB port.

Keep in mind all GHL devices like, ION, KH Director, power bars and beyond all also have 2 PAB ports. These are a in and an out only. Either port will work as an in or out.

Also, what ever item is at the end of your PAB chain will have 1 unused PAB port.

As long as you never create a LOOP, you’ll be good.

Dimorb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding a question.

I need to use Cat6 and a Cat6 coupler to transport signal from light to active splitter an profilux.. other equipment in the system will use PAB (Cat5e if I understand it correct)..

Will the difference between using Cat6 between some equipment and Cat5e between some give a difference/interfere with the system?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no issues with this. I have mixed and matched cables without any issues.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back