Generator Recommendation for 2 Nanos?

senorsancho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 2 nano tanks and looking to get a generator for them both in case of emergency and just enough to get the heaters on both (150w each) and the at least one pump on each to move the water around. Would I be fine going with just one of those Harbor Freight TailGator 900w generators? Or should I look for something else? Also will the electronics used be fine with that generator or does it need something like those inverter generators? I have no experience with generators so really looking for advice! As you can see I wouldn't have that much to power up

harley32907

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you want to keep the frige going or maybe a space heater or window ac. I live in Florida have one that runs frige tv, Internet, tank, apex . I paid 550.00 off Amazon. I know not ceap.But something to think about.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t buy that crap from harbor freight, tools from there are great because they’re cheap and you can simply replace them with a brand new one at like 1/10 of the price of a name brand tool,hahah

Now generator, as @harley32907 said, maybe you can power other things with this, splurge a little and spend that $600 on a generator, technically it would be free ;)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Igen2200 from Westinghouse will run this above its ran my fridge and two tanks before

OP
OP
senorsancho

senorsancho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Igen2200 from Westinghouse will run this above its ran my fridge and two tanks before
Oh nice that's good to hear! I ended up picking one up! We don't really get power outages that often like long term ones so just wanted a small one in case of emergency just for my tanks so I don't lost any fish or coral! Can just bundle up for warmth and then I can swap out the tanks stuff for a microwave or whatever

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly like that generator

here it is charging an ebike while driving lol it’s a sick generator. A microwave is in back area for quick food heats:

pretty quiet machine

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run all my systems plus some other stuff on a Honda EU2200i

Expensive yes, but not as expensive as trusting some princess auto (our version of harbor freight) special to start and run when it's really needed after sitting.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to use it in an apartment during outage and it didn’t enrage my neighbors, I piled six blankets over it for damping and propped up the exhaust end with a wire basket

used my bike chain to just chain it to my front fence and went to bed in a super cold house but solid fridge and tanks. Extension cord in via front window then to power strip.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to use it in an apartment during outage and it didn’t enrage my neighbors, I piled six blankets over it for damping and propped up the exhaust end with a wire basket

used my bike chain to just chain it to my front fence and went to bed in a super cold house but solid fridge and tanks. Extension cord in via front window then to power strip.
That’s pretty funny. You wake it to a warm place and your neighbors wake up and hate you for that.

Back