Genesis Rock Booster – a New Biomedia from Polyp Lab

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not contact the company and ask for clarification instead of putting them on blast here

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seems goofy...if you have mature live rock in your nano or any tank that should be enough...stick with the natural way
Was just reading up more on the Nitrogen cycle and apparently less can be more as you've stated.
A good qty of live rock and sane moved nitrate production from sump to tank where it can be dealt with better by critters in the tank.
Oddly though people say you should not have certain animals ie BTA until your tank is old enough. Yet I just read Anemones can actually benefit from higher nitrate levels..

Also you need a lot of nitrate before it harms most in your tank. Mostly high nitrate causes algae.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just reading up more on the Nitrogen cycle and apparently less can be more as you've stated.
A good qty of live rock and sane moved nitrate production from sump to tank where it can be dealt with better by critters in the tank.
Oddly though people say you should not have certain animals ie BTA until your tank is old enough. Yet I just read Anemones can actually benefit from higher nitrate levels..

Also you need a lot of nitrate before it harms most in your tank. Mostly high nitrate causes algae.
From some research I did a little while back, one of the primary reasons for the delay to add livestock such as anemones is due to the certain strains of bacteria they have a symbiotic relationship with as well. Most newer tanks haven't had enough time to build a dense enough population of these bacterial species to support the anemone's health which would also make sense

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course it also depends on the anemone species (some are much more delicate and needy)

WalleyeGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone done testing of their water for aluminum after using this product? The reason I ask it some other makes of ceramic blocks have reviews from multiple people saying they saw massive spikes in aluminum leeching into their system after adding ceramic blocks from other makers. For example, you can find several posts from many different posters concerning Xport-BIO ceramic bricks breaking down and turning to dust as well as them leeching high levels of aluminum into the system. I just curious if anyone has encountered this issue

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back