Geo's Reef Kalkwasser Reactors - Which one?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 208reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Curious if you ever found an answer or which you went with? I’m in a similar situation trying to figure out which one.
 
Curious if you ever found an answer or which you went with? I’m in a similar situation trying to figure out which one.
I never got a super clear answer even from Geo's Reef, but I told them sometimes I travel for work 1-2 weeks at a time, so I need the kalk reactor to be able to go a few weeks between having to add more kalk powder and they suggested I go with the larger one, so that's what I did. I figured whatever...even if it's a little big, it makes future upgrades pretty much limitless. The price difference is also smaller than the amount I'd lose having to sell the smaller one if it was too small, so just made more sense to get the big one.
 
I never got a super clear answer even from Geo's Reef, but I told them sometimes I travel for work 1-2 weeks at a time, so I need the kalk reactor to be able to go a few weeks between having to add more kalk powder and they suggested I go with the larger one, so that's what I did. I figured whatever...even if it's a little big, it makes future upgrades pretty much limitless. The price difference is also smaller than the amount I'd lose having to sell the smaller one if it was too small, so just made more sense to get the big one.
Are you still using this reactor? If so did you have any experience with any stirrer types like Avast Marine before going with pump driven style? Are you still pleased with the reactor?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new