Get a "bully" to bully a bully - good idea ?

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was meaning the 30 day qt with the matched meds to the species/the in-depth stuff

wasn't trying to rain on parade/it's just a shocking loss rate in the disease forum from skipping qt preps/true qt. Jay's biosecurity article warns so starkly against adding fish to control factors in the tank. it's true most skip the preps, 7 days qt is 7 days better than just adding in the fish agreed.
i live in a basement with a 3 & 1 yr old and a bit of limited space. you should see the crap I get for how much space I'm already taking lol . i can only imagine the conversation ...

I will have to of course put my foot in my mouth knock on wood if anything were to ever happen then I will make sure to include my situation to enhance the collection of data . will help in any way I can

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sohal is by far my worse followed by clown tang and Passer angel !!

Evicted Nov 2019

sohal1.png

Evicted Jan 2020

passer5.jpg

Evicted May 2020

660g 8.1d.jpg

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more aggression more problems
Sohal is by far my worse followed by clown tang and Passer angel !!

Evicted Nov 2019

sohal1.png

Evicted Jan 2020

passer5.jpg

Evicted May 2020

660g 8.1d.jpg
Lololllll I love their evicted tags, the tang has calmed down dramatically. I have 90 gallons of tank and for some reason they all want to go in front right corner

that passer angel is probably the coolest fish I have seen since forever. Would have been tough to part with. The other 2 just look like bullies to start with hahaha image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lololllll I love their evicted tags, the tang has calmed down dramatically. I have 90 gallons of tank and for some reason they all want to go in front right corner

that passer angel is probably the coolest fish I have seen since forever. Would have been tough to part with. The other 2 just look like bullies to start with hahaha image.jpg
I dont tolerate bullying in my tanks

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried two kole tangs, both were jerks... harassing random fish. I have had a yellow tang for a year and a half? or so and no issues with this one. I have added new fish since.

I say ditch that tang... find one that has a more mild personality. They are individuals so sometimes it takes a few.

I would not want to re-arrange or deal with BS every time I want to add a fish but that is me. Generally fish may act out but if they don't calm down in a few days or are actually ripping fins and a real theat... then they can go find a home with some other big baddies like them :p
Sorry to here this as I'm looking for a Bristletooth and Kole "was" at the top of my list.

machome79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love this forum. just started dealing with this myself. a savage striped chromis ripped the tail off my coris wrasse. woke up to dead fish. next day, it went for my leopard wrasse. I got him out while he was still alive and got him in my sump. my morning consisted of removing rocks trying to catch him. 3 hours and two knocked off corals, I tapped out. I did think of putting a larger fish in to change the pecking order. glad I read this before I went that route. thought of the fish trap, but I am going to attempt the mirror method first.
going to put a bowl of sand in the sump for my wrasse to make him comfy. I did rearrange the rock in the meanwhile. I think when I place the wrasse back in I will do it while the lights are out.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 54 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 54.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.2%
Back