Get a Full Color Touch Screen for your Neptune Apex for just $50!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the fun world of Android. Things change all the time and drive you crazy. Don't know why to can't get three columns. Since I did the video there have been a number of changes including the silk browser now back to supporting full screen. Next week. Who knows!? At least with Apex Fusion as a web app, you know it will always work somehow.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the fun world of Android. Things change all the time and drive you crazy. Don't know why to can't get three columns. Since I did the video there have been a number of changes including the silk browser now back to supporting full screen. Next week. Who knows!? At least with Apex Fusion as a web app, you know it will always work somehow.

Well, I've narrowed it down to Fusion not resizing properly with higher resolution 7" displays.

jeremy.gosnell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One issue with Android is that as a blanket OS, there are countless programs for it. Take iOS for example, Safari is the primary browser used, so lots of resources go into making Safari work and every web designer, app designer, etc is working with Safari. On Android however, there is Amazon's silk browser, Google Chrome, Opera and a host of others. It means that a website like Apex Fusion has to retro-fit itself to any host of browsers running on an Android device. It's tough for developers to keep up with all the new browsers being released on Android, simply because they are plentiful and change often. Add to this the fact that browsers aren't updated along with Android versions, or may lose support from the designers because they don't reach the intended popularity. People often praise the fact that just about anybody can write an Android app and advertise it on the Google Play Store and this does have some advantages. Yet, it also creates a digital free for all, where anyone and everyone can create their own app or program that offers limited support and very limited function.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it all working! Thanks Terence. Using Silk w. full screen and turned off the auto-sleep like you suggested.

I'm going to waste an extra EB8 outlet for the charger haha. "Set on. Fallback on. If apex power off then off"

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's nice looking. I ordered the fire basic. I'm returning one of them. Disappointed I cant get 3 columns going in fusion. The higher resolution looks nice but not if it can't take full advantage of the screen space.

I can't even get 2 columns in the classic dashboard with the graphs up top. It cuts off the second column.

I did get it to fit shrunk up with some basement equipment controls.
af59175b392c42a67294960c09ef98e5.jpg

But it's ok this is my normal display [emoji1]
46f65f099bfae1d9061222660012bbfb.jpg

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the fire in and it displays all three columns. The sides in the browser window aren't wasting all the space the higher resolution screen tablets do. The fire definitely has a dimmer and not as crisp a screen as the HD which sucks. Feels cheaper but the back is not as slick as the HD one.

Last edited:

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say this is a great idea and using it a LOT more then I thought I would. I have the tablet propped up on a shelf right by my sump I can easily use one hand to use. I've switched to using the local dashboard as I got sick of fusion ending my session and having to reload the page, go to the login page, log in, say there's something wrong, reload again, login again, and finally get to get to the apex fusion dashboard. That's annoying. Have to do that on my phone just about every time I change networks or on my laptop too or when I've logged into fusion from another device, etc.

Local Dashboard is more responsive like reacting to turning a pump on or off.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How many of you have set a tablet up for this? Also anyone using a ipad? I have an ipad mini laying around I might use! Also was thinking of maybe a larger display monitor mounted to the wall for quick glances.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to use the SMART TV but Neptune apps is not available and fusion is not very happy being from the TV...I have not tried that for a few weeks..

clownsrcool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn't seem to display as much as others are able to get theirs to. It seems too zoomed in and I can't see my entire dash board at once. I actually hate this little tablet. It's such junk compared to an iPad.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used an old Samsung tablet I had laying around. Made a frame for it to keep the bride happy. I didn't bother messing with the settings so it does timeout, but it doesn't bother me.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would this work with an IOS device?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this work with an IOS device?
I have a Fire tablet and frankly, I find it a bit small (and shoddy). It also reboots every now and then and I have to go back to Fusion. I have an old iPad that I may use instead. I installed the Apex Fusion app and it works fine. Just set it to not go to sleep and it will stay up. Not sure what that does for the life of the iPad, but it does work. I have left it on for days (setting on its charger) just to test it, before adding it to the new setup plan. I don't have my new tank set up yet, but was playing around with using the iPad for the larger display.

Don't pay attention to the readings. The Apex is still on my old tank and the probes are very old and haven't been calibrated lately.

iPad on Apex-sm.jpg

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of you have set a tablet up for this? Also anyone using a ipad? I have an ipad mini laying around I might use! Also was thinking of maybe a larger display monitor mounted to the wall for quick glances.
I'm using an old Toshiba I had around the house. It's a little slower but it gets all of the columns on it.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tablet with a web browser will show the Apex Fusion web app. Depending on the resolution you will get two or three columns. The Amazon Fire is not an iPad. It costs 1/10th as much and is probably half as good but I find it good enough to use to for a dashboard and occasional interface. Most else gets done on my iPhone.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back