Get a Telephone call alert if you are using Seneye monitoring system

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using Seneye or similar products ? .

Get a Phone call with the alert transcript on the phone . If your asleep , away in a meeting , at a party and not pulling out your phone every few minutes to see if there is an alert!!

Here is the instructional video, i have embedded the audio of the call I received . Before you get to IFTTT , first set a rule in your gmail to Label Seneye for every email coming from [email protected] . Then get to https://IFTTT.com, sign in into IFTTT first, then from the top right of yout screen ,drop down and select New Applet and follow the video . Note there will be a Phone verification which the video does not show as I already have my number verified.

You can use a similar logic for any other product you use.

Instructional video below . Edited March 2019 , instead of using phone , use voip . This needs your phone to have iftt app. So this will work worldwide

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool idea!

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted something like this but didn't know it was possible. I've got so many different sound alerts on my phone I forget which one is coming from Fusion. Now I can rely on a phone call to alert or wake me which will get my undivided attention. Plus I already use Gmail.

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted something like this but didn't know it was possible. I've got so many different sound alerts on my phone I forget which one is coming from Fusion.
@powers2001 It will not take more than 10 minutes
assuming you have gmail - set a rule to create a label called Fusion , then create a rule for emails coming from Fusions - set label as Fusion
head to https://iftttt.com - follow the video - you will be done
then force a alert from fusion and hang in tight for the call

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a filter to label everything coming from Fusion for quite some time. However the beginning of your instructional video is missing. There is the text, "if + this then that". And you clicked on the "+". I cannot find that hyper-link on the https://ifttt.com site.

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you sign in into IFTTT first - if u do then this is the screen
upload_2018-3-13_20-4-38.png

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i could have missed a step . After you sign in , look at the top right where your name is . There is a drop down, select new applet , then see if you get the screen

Screenshot_20180314-220953.jpg

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it out I think. I followed instructions from video to a "T" and set up one for a seneye alert and a fusion alert. Now to go home and try it out.

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it out I think. I followed instructions from video to a "T" and set up one for a seneye alert and a fusion alert. Now to go home and try it out.
Great just pull the seneye out , check if gmail labeled it , wait for the out of water alert call or bring the threshold down and force an alert generation and reset the threshhold

Last edited:

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't want to go the 3rd party app route and give some website your phone number,
most cell providers have a way to send texts via email to your device.

Depending on your carrier, your email might be [email protected], e.g. for T-Mobile it is [email protected]. Sending an email to this address will make a one way SMS message.

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't want to go the 3rd party app route and give some website your phone number,
most cell providers have a way to send texts via email to your device.

Depending on your carrier, your email might be [email protected], e.g. for T-Mobile it is [email protected]. Sending an email to this address will make a one way SMS message.
Another option is to take a burner number for free from Google Voice and set it to forward to your number , so still telephone calls are possible irrespective of your carrier

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using IFTT app you now have an option called voip. Therefore you will get a call anywhere in the world. Your phone should see the internet for this

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back