Get along with each other

nebraska reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just was wandering if the two can be right next to eachother or if one will hurt the other?
1519366859978.jpg

OP
OP
nebraska reefer

nebraska reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they both bubble tips? Neither look very happy. I have BTAs that touch and dont bother each other.
Yes both are Bta. Can anyone tell me if they will get their bubbles back and if i feed the white looking one a small pice of bright carpet nem will it gain some colour bck?

OP
OP
nebraska reefer

nebraska reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they both bubble tips? Neither look very happy. I have BTAs that touch and dont bother each other.
Also they have put sum distance between eachother and rose is looking better. They must not enjoy eachothers company.[emoji19]

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if they will get their bubbles back

No guarantees on bubbles/ no bubbles. Maybe, maybe not?

if i feed the white looking one a small pice of bright carpet nem will it gain some colour bck?

Are you suggesting feeding a tentacle from a carpet anemone to the bta to introduce zooxanthellae to the bta in hopes of recovering faster? You could try. Not sure if it would work. It still has some color to it.
I would just feed it a small amount every other day or so and it will likely recover, just takes a few months.

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i feed the white looking one a small pice of bright carpet nem will it gain some colour bck?

I wouldn't feed your BTA a piece of a carpet nem. Just me though.

If I had a bleached BTA I would do a lighting acclimation cycle to ease it into your lights setting/time(BTA is NECKID!!! so many zoos bailed out!). If you're not familiar w/ what that is there are threads here that explain it, or hit the googles. Its not very hard. I would also target feed it some mysis shrimp -- nothing large and maybe once every 3 days. Your BTA is going to need energy since it doesn't have her zoos buddies to help out. I recommend only small foods because they presumably take less energy to consume - less mouth stretching, or battling the flow to pull a large piece in. Probably easier for the BTA to expel the waste when shes done om noming. Thats just some wild speculation though!

Disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist, not an expert by any means. I had a couple of bleaching events tinkering with lighting and spectrum and those two actions are what I attribute to getting there color back (over several months).

Good luck buddy and happy reefin!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back