Getting a Quoyi to Eat

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah! Of course. Princess Peach is always in some other castle, isn't she?

Already feeding this morning, and the striped parrotfish is, if anything, far more aggressive about it than she was in the video. She's also been known to hammer the algae wafers folks use for freshwater catfish!

~Bruce

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is eating but still very shy. He's also a very deliberate and slow eater. He seems to prefer very small size food and doesn't seem to be a natural at picking food out of the water column. It often takes him a couple of pecks to get it. He will complete TTM on Sunday and I'm thinking about putting him in the cycled QT where my H. Biocellatus is.......hoping the benign competition might spur him on a little.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given their natural feeding style of leisurely grazing on algae-covered rocks that really aren't going anywhere, I can see where it might take some time to get to a point of competitively snatching food from the water column.

Keep offering, and I think you'll be there soon enough!

~Bruce

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, NLS algae max 1 mm pellets have proven a favorite for my Quoyi; seem finally to be fattening up my polyzona tang as well.

Ron Popeil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, NLS algae max 1 mm pellets have proven a favorite for my Quoyi; seem finally to be fattening up my polyzona tang as well.

have you tried any larger pellets? mine seems to eat the 1mm pellets but just isnt gaining any weight. how often are you feeding?

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys heard if chloroquine Phosphate will work to QT quoyi's? I'm getting one tomorrow and have the stuff to do that, but seems like most people use copper. I don't have the stuff to treat with copper, but if that's the only thing that will work I will go and buy what I need today. Thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back