Getting back in

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been away for a few years. Was going to sell off everything finally but as I started to dust off the old stuff I realized I couldn't do it yet.

Decided now that house projects and work load has changed I have the time to devote to this again.

Just wanted to say Hi and excited to be back in the planning stages.

Vince

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back.. what are you thinking of setting up

Mike
Thanks!

I'm rebooting my 60 cube.
Nothing big. Just enough to start up again... :)

Will probably try and stick to LPS primarily.

Trying to use some old equipment but quickly realizing I need some upgrades. Just bought a new skimmer (Eshopps Axiom X-120) and want to get a gyre going as well but on a budget.

fastest302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I got a 60g cube as well.. I just got a maxspect 230 gyre gonna try it out on it.. but it’s only for a short period till my new setup comes

TheAquarian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Maxspect 230 it was running for about five minutes I walked across the room to change the settings and I got static shocked when I touched the metal housing of the controller and it wouldn’t turn back on. The unit cost too much to be that sensitive.

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I got a 60g cube as well.. I just got a maxspect 230 gyre gonna try it out on it.. but it’s only for a short period till my new setup comes

Do you have it mounted vertically or horizontally? It says it's 12" long and with my center back overflow I'm not sure how I would place it. Was thinking about the new Ice cap K2's. I know it's much slower flow. Might not be enough.

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got my 130 mounted on the back wall high/horizontally. I also have a small tunze that points behind the rocks/back glass

fastest302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have it mounted vertically or horizontally? It says it's 12" long and with my center back overflow I'm not sure how I would place it. Was thinking about the new Ice cap K2's. I know it's much slower flow. Might not be enough.

I haven’t mounted yet been swamped but I might pop it in tonight after my water change

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t mounted yet been swamped but I might pop it in tonight after my water change
Cool, if you do please give an update. Curious about flow and orientation. I may have to mount mine to the side of the tank as I don't know if I can mount it to the back overflow box.

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly enough I just got back in and set up my 60 cube again with the 230. I'm having issues with sand getting blown around
Good to know, that was one of my concerns. Maybe the 1K Icecap is about what I need.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back