Getting Back Into Reefing And New To R2R

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community ! I’ve been here a little over a year and I’d say that it’s pretty active on site.
7EF58BBC-6AAE-49A6-8790-1D803D738AF7.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Just wanted to say what's up! New member to R2R. Been a member of The Reef Tank since about 2012 but after recently getting back into reefing I've noticed that their site is a bit dead lately. Hoping to get more hits on this site. Little about myself.....started reefing in about 2012. Was very inexperienced (and broke lol) back then and made a lot of mistakes that I'd like to say I have since learned from. Went through a divorce about 6yrs ago and unfortunately had to abandon the hobby for a while. Things are better now so I've decided to take the plunge and get back into it. Setup a 48gal build about 4 months ago now. Looking forward to sharing ideas and learning from everyone as my reef tank journey progresses!

Welcome and Welcome Back to Hobby! Glad you joined. Sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability - that is great for this hobby and wonderful life skill!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Joliet:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back