GETTING BACK INTO THE HOBBY!

Eric209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone my name is Eric I'm from Stockton CA I've been out the hobby for about 4 years I had a 150g tall mixed reef for about 10 years or so... After my brother passed I started neglecting my tank so I did a complete tear down and sold everything. I've been wanting another tank for a while now but I've been waiting for the right tank to come a long. I've always wanted to have a rimless and I recently found the perfect tank for me and my family. It's a 57g rimless tank with a floating canopy. So last night we drove down there and bought it from a guy that took good care of it. He had T5s in the canopy with cutouts for LEDs like AI primes or kessil. It came with a 10g sump but I'm going to use my 30g sump . LoL my wife said "Now your going to be at the fish store every day" She thinks I can I just put Sand, rock and water and turn on the lights and it will be ready to go smh I told her were starting from nothing so it's going to be a while until we start putting fish in there. I feel like I'm new to the hobby because I dont know what equipment is good or outdated. I'm not going to lie I had a lot of help when I first started in the hobby so all I had to do was maintain it. But this time around I'm setting everything up on my own so I will be on here a lot asking questions lol. If anybody is from Stockton let me know thx (PICTURES ARE FROM THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM)
Resized_20190924_184634.jpg
Resized_20190924_190537.jpg
Resized_20190924_184859(1).jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Alyssa.Weber

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone my name is Eric I'm from Stockton CA I've been out the hobby for about 4 years I had a 150g tall mixed reef for about 10 years or so... After my brother passed I started neglecting my tank so I did a complete tear down and sold everything. I've been wanting another tank for a while now but I've been waiting for the right tank to come a long. I've always wanted to have a rimless and I recently found the perfect tank for me and my family. It's a 57g rimless tank with a floating canopy. So last night we drove down there and bought it from a guy that took good care of it. He had T5s in the canopy with cutouts for LEDs like AI primes or kessil. It came with a 10g sump but I'm going to use my 30g sump . LoL my wife said "Now your going to be at the fish store every day" She thinks I can I just put Sand, rock and water and turn on the lights and it will be ready to go smh I told her were starting from nothing so it's going to be a while until we start putting fish in there. I feel like I'm new to the hobby because I dont know what equipment is good or outdated. I'm not going to lie I had a lot of help when I first started in the hobby so all I had to do was maintain it. But this time around I'm setting everything up on my own so I will be on here a lot asking questions lol. If anybody is from Stockton let me know thx (PICTURES ARE FROM THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM)
Resized_20190924_184634.jpg
Resized_20190924_190537.jpg
Resized_20190924_184859(1).jpg
Beautiful tank! Best of luck! Im with you on the starting up new!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back