Getting Flame Angel to eat Nori

litsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some tips or tricks to get my flame angel, and other inhabitants for that matter, to eat nori. For the most part the only one that would show a remote interest when I place some nori on a clip is the threadfin. They all eat frozen foods and some pellets just fine, but I also want to get them to recognize and graze on the nori as well to diversify the diet and so that they have something to snack on while I'm gone.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you notice the angel always grazing on the rocks and glass? If so then it probably won't care much about the nori. They may grab a piece floating by. May only nip on the nori here and there. They are not tangs or strictly herbivores. They won't rip it to shreds. They are grazers. Looks like they are constantly kissing the surface of everything.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some tips or tricks to get my flame angel, and other inhabitants for that matter, to eat nori. For the most part the only one that would show a remote interest when I place some nori on a clip is the threadfin. They all eat frozen foods and some pellets just fine, but I also want to get them to recognize and graze on the nori as well to diversify the diet and so that they have something to snack on while I'm gone.
Try banding it to a rock before the clip!

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tear it into little pieces, put it in a cup of water in the fridge then feed it to the whole tank with a spoon just like flake food.
See if it goes for that.
That's how I got mine to eat it.
Still works.

Toob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the pouch feeder from two little fishies. It’s so much less messier than the clips but it’s also a little more like “grazing” than a standard nori clip. My flame angel eats from that, along with the tangs, the gobies, the wrasses…

OP
OP
L

litsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you notice the angel always grazing on the rocks and glass? If so then it probably won't care much about the nori. They may grab a piece floating by. May only nip on the nori here and there. They are not tangs or strictly herbivores. They won't rip it to shreds. They are grazers. Looks like they are constantly kissing the surface of everything.
Yeah mine likes to pick at the algae growing on my filter intake. I was moreso hoping it would recognize it as an option to pick at while he makes his rounds pecking at the rocks and glass

OP
OP
L

litsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try some of the other methods here though, hopefully it works. Mahalos!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back