Getting good pictures on an iPhone 6s

Thraciandrummer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2015
Messages
158
Reaction score
11
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys,
Looking for tips on how to get good pictures of fish/corals with an iPhone 6s. I am not at all a photographer, but just looking for tips on how to take good pictures with what I have.
 
Following along... I have the 6 plus myself. I bought an app called snapseed but I'm not sure how to use it yet.
 
Also lurking to see what you learn...[emoji12]
 
The best App is Camera + where you can set the color temperature and the white balances plus many more, exe:
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1445222326.375679.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1445222528.886002.jpg
 
Change your white balance. Shoot in shade or cloudy mode. Put your phone right up on the glass. I use a flashlight somtimes to light up my coral.
17f5e31ca8fee4f31656f05121a91fa1.jpg
shot with galexy 4 edge. But the principal is the same.
8e8e7072764e8e330733465fdac34c0f.jpg


Almost all good cell phone photos are edited with somekind of app.
 
where can you order the gel filters?
 
Curious too! People suggest using an orange filter, but I have no idea what that is. Need some Amazon links to the suggestions!
 
One app I use is Procam very adjustable iso, white, kelvin, focus and exposure. It has great edit features too.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1445263844.480201.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new