Getting Hanna Parameters

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there or how can I get the same parameters I'm getting on my Hanna checker ALK on my trident. I'm getting 8.5 on my Hanna and getting 9.75 on my trident. Can I calibrate it to my Hanna numbers or not.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can recalibrate your Trident using tank water and your Hanna results (as opposed to the Trident calibration fluid, which is often off). Note that you’ll need all three values: Kh, Ca and Mg.

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can recalibrate your Trident using tank water and your Hanna results (as opposed to the Trident calibration fluid, which is often off). Note that you’ll need all three values: Kh, Ca and Mg.
How cuz I'm lost any post on this

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if i only had KH,ca, and not mag because my red sea test is terrible for mag i keep reading 1600

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just set it up and calibrated it using the calibration fluid, then yes - I’d wait a week and test again to see how much it’s off.
Ok so i didn't buy it new it's 2 months old it was used previously. I didn't calibrate it at all.

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20211008-230729.png

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i didn't buy it new it's 2 months old it was used previously. I didn't calibrate it at all.
Well, if you haven’t calibrated it that could explain why it’s off. So yes, calibrate it right away using the Hanna values and whatever value you choose to use for Mg. Note that this whole process takes roughly an hour to complete.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back